18 January 2010

Last week...

On Monday, the first day out after being snowed in for a week, I went clothes shopping in Leeds. Tuesday I finally managed to unpack the last two boxes that have been underneath the big table in my studio since our move in September.

I've been cooking (and eating) lots of warming winter soups this week.
Carrot and Ginger soup on Thursday, with a lovely Welsh opera singer called Richard Parry.

Friday was spicy lentil soup with “Spätzle” with Martin Riley, an opera librettist, screenwriter, storyteller and dear friend.
Saturday we went to the opening of an exhibition of works by textile artist Dionne Swift at the Bankfield Museum in Halifax. I was very curious to see her latest work as soon as I had a look at the invite.
























 The exhibition continues until 7 March.

We had a fantastic night out on Saturday, when we went to The Green Miller, a pub in Huddersfield to celebrate Ruby Black's birthday. Ruby is a fashion and beauty photographer. Check out her beautiful website here.


































photograph: Ruby Black

Then on Sunday I made minestrone for 7 people and, after a snowball fight and a long walk at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, it was exactly the right thing to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment